New Development in Hudson Yards District
Since the City first rezoned the area in 2005, more than 5,500 apartments and more than 3,200 hotel rooms have been built within the Hudson Yards Financing District , giving life to the City’s vision for enhancing a new mixed-use neighborhood in the heart of Manhattan.
With the Number 7 Subway Line Extension and the Hudson Park & Boulevard nearing completion, the public sector’s investment in infrastructure upgrades is estimated to have already spurred more than $5 billion of investment by some of the City’s leading developers, and that represents just the beginning of what’s to come.
View the new video about the on-going construction of the Number 7 Subway Line Extension by the MTA
According to Cushman & Wakefield’s “2011 Hudson Yards Demand and Development Report”, the Hudson Yards District will experience unparalleled construction activity over the next 30 years, as more than 50 million square feet of new office, residential, hotel, and retail developments are completed. Learn more about planned projects by visiting the websites below:
- Hudson Yards - The Related Companies and Oxford Properties have partnered to transform MTA’s rail yards, a 26-acre site, into 12 million square feet of mixed-use development, with more than 10 acres of public open space.
- Midtown West – More than 5 million square feet of mixed-use development is planned for Brookfield Properties’ Ninth Avenue site.
- One Hudson Yards – Extell Development Company’s 1.7 million square foot tower is planned for West 34th Street and 11th Avenue.
Learn more about projects that have already been completed in the Hudson Yards area by visiting the websites below:
- 505 West 37th Street
- 455 West 37th Street
- Mantena-431 West 37th Street
- The Townsend-350 West 37th Street
- Emerald Green-320 West 38th Street
- Crystal Green-330 West 39th Street
- 420 West 42nd Street
- MiMA-450 West 42nd Street
- Silver Towers-620 West 42nd Street
- Atelier-635 West 42nd Street